As a college student, it can be so easy to skip out on breakfast in order to rush to class or crunch in some study time for that big test.
Whatever the reason for skipping breakfast, you should really take the time out of your morning to at least eat something so that you can boost your metabolism and brain flow.
Not only will you feel fuller throughout the day, you will also be able to mentally function better especially during that nasty test!
Here are some of my go-to healthy recipes that are quick and make me feel great for the rest of the day! I hope you like them!
Flourless Cinnamon Oat Pancakes – With Chia Seeds!
2 brown eggs
1 scoop of 100% whole grain oats
1 scoop of chia seeds
a few dashes of cinnamon
chopped strawberries, or any type of berry you prefer
PAM cooking spray
- Mash the banana with a fork in a bowl until there are hardly any chunks
- Add the eggs and blend them well with the banana
- Mix the scoops of oats, chia seeds, and add a few dashes of cinnamon
- Heat the skillet to medium high and spray it with PAM (You will want to do this each time you add a pancake on the skillet)
- Pour the batter onto the skillet and flip it whenever you feel like it is cooked enough for your liking
- Add a little water to a separate sauce pan and have it come to a light boil.
- Add fruit to the pan until you have a nice healthy syrup
- Drizzle fruity syrup onto the pancakes and enjoy!
Seasoned Scrambled Eggs with Turkey Sausage
2 brown eggs
tablespoon of unsweetened almond milk
handful of chopped onion
1/8 cup of cheese
dash of salt
teaspoon of pepper
two teaspoons of oregano
two teaspoons of garlic powder
cooked turkey sausage (two links or one patty)
a side of fruit if desired
- Beat and mix two eggs with almond milk
- Pour eggs onto skillet and scramble until done
- Reduce heat and add all seasonings.
- Add onion and cheese and mix all ingredients together
- You can mix in the turkey sausage with the eggs, but I prefer them on the side with some fruit as well.
Detox Green Smoothie
4 handfuls of spinach
1/2 cup of pineapple chunks
6 ounces of non-fat greek yogurt
1/3 cup of water or almond milk
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender
- You can add a little bit of fruit if you would like more of a sweeter taste
- After all is blended, sprinkle a few chia seeds on top
Sam’s Choice Instant Blueberry/Strawberry Oatmeal
This is not necessarily a recipe, but this oatmeal is a great, healthy breakfast meal, and a great way to start your day! It has no artificial colors or flavors, and no preservatives!
It also tastes delicious! Enjoy!
I hope these recipes gave you some ideas to help you start your day off well with some nice, healthy meals!
It is very important to have breakfast not only for your body, but for your mind as well so make sure it is a priority in your life!
Stay fit and stay in school.